DISC 1: SO MANY TEARS
1. YOU GOT THE LOVE (REMIX)
2. GOTTA GIVE IT UP
3. GOOD LOVIN’
4. HOW COULD YOU DO IT TO ME (REMIX)
5. SHOW ME THE WAY
6. PLEASE BE MINE
7. AFTER THE LOVE HAS LOST ITS SHINE
8. BABY COME TO ME
9. INTIMATE RELATIONS
10. THIS IS LOVE
11. JAMES “J.T.” TAYLOR & REGINA BELLE: ALL I WANT IS FOREVER
12. MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS
13. IT DOESN’T HURT ANYMORE
14. WHAT GOES AROUND
15. SO MANY TEARS
DISC 2: DREAM IN COLOR
1. DO YOU WANNA GET SERIOUS
3. QUIET TIME
5. SOMEDAY WE’LL ALL BE FREE/SAVE THE CHILDREN
6. IF I COULD
7. DREAM IN COLOR
8. JOHNNY MATHIS (WITH REGINA BELLE): BETTER TOGETHER
9. COULD IT BE I’M FALLING IN LOVE
10. LOVE T.K.O.
11. I’LL BE AROUND
12. YOU MAKE ME FEEL BRAND NEW
13. PEABO BRYSON (FEATURING REGINA BELLE): I CAN’T IMAGINE
14. SO MANY TEARS (COOL MIX)
- SoulMusic Records is proud to present “Show Me The Way: The Columbia Anthology,” a 29-track 2-CD retrospective drawn from the four albums recorded by award-winning songstress Regina Belle between 1987-1995.
- New Jersey-born Regina’s innate musical talents were evident from her formative years singing in her uncle’s church through to her skills as a multi-instrumentalist in high school and then at the prestigious Manhattan School Of Music where she studied opera. At Rutgers University in the early ‘80s, Regina formed her own band, at the same time creating a distinctive vocal style that drew from musical influences in jazz (iBillie Holiday) and soul (Donny Hathaway) among others.
- Renowned New York radio personality Vaughn Harper saw one of Regina’s shows at Rutgers and recommended her to hitmaking vocal group The Manhattans and in 1986, Regina recorded “Where Did We Go Wrong,” as a duet with the group (with whom she had begun performing) and in the wake of its success, she signed with Columbia Records.
- This anthology features the original album versions of (10) of Regina’s US charted singles (including the Belle classics, “So Many Tears,” “Show Me The Way,””This Is Love,” “If I Could” and her two #1 US R&B hits, “Baby Come To Me” and “Make It Like It Was”) and the UK/European-only charted single “Good Lovin’; as well as duets with James ‘J.T.’ Taylor (“All I Want Is Forever”), Johnny Mathis (“Better Together”) and Peabo Bryson (“I Can’t Imagine”); and a 1987 ‘Cool Mix’ of “So Many Tears.”
- Prime tracks from Regina’s 1987 ALL BY MYSELF debut LP, her two certified gold albums – 1989’s STAY WITH ME and 1993’s PASSION – and her final Columbia set, 1995’S REACHN’ BACK selected for this anthology showcase Regina’s vocal prowess and dexterity as a stellar lyrical interpreter on a diversity of material.
- Liner notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins include quotes from producers Nick Martinelli, Narada Michael Walden and Barry Eastmond among others.