Disc 1: HAVIN’ A HOUSE PARTY
1. Willie’s Boogie
2. We Gonna Have A House Party
3. What You Gonna Do After The Party
4. I Can Sho’ Give You Love
5. I Never Had It So Good
6. We Gonna Party Tonight
7. After Love Is Gone
8. Soul Strut
9. Train Of Love
10. We Gonna Have A House Party (US Motown single edit)
11. We Gonna Party Tonight (US Motown single edit)
Disc 2: MAKING A GAME OUT OF LOVE
1. She’s Making A Game Out Of Love
2. Super Sexy
3. The Very Best Of Love
4. The Glow
5. Don’t Act Like That
6. Sexy Feelin’
8. Keep On Jammin’
9. Inside You (with The Temptations)
10. In & Out (US Motown non-album single)
11. The Girl (Can’t Help It) (US Motown non-album ‘B’ side)
12. The Glow (Special US 12″ version)
13. Keep On Jammin’ (Extended Version)
14. In And Out (US !2” version)
• SoulMusic Records is very proud to present the first worldwide reissue of two classic Motown albums (as expanded editions with bonus tracks) by renowned singer/songwriter and producer, the late Willie Hutch as a 2-CD set, remastered by Donald Cleveland.
• HAVIN’ A HOUSE PARTY was Willie’s seventh album for Motown; the L.A.-born, Texas-raised music man – who had enjoyed success as a songwriter for The 5th Dimension and Al Wilson among others and who had also recorded for RCA – signed with the label in 1973 after writing The Jackson 5’s hit, “I’ll Be There” and Willie’s initial success came with Motown soundtracks “The Mack” and “Foxy Brown” with charted singles such as “Brother’s Gonna Work It Out” and “Slick”; his biggest US R&B hit was 1975’s “Love Power.”
• Released in 1977, Willie’s self-produced HAVIN’ A HOUSE PARTY LP (a US R&B Top 30 best seller) boasted two charted singles (“We Gonna Party Tonight” and “What You Gonna Do After The Party”), after which he signed with Whitfield Records (hitmaker Norman Whitfield’s label).
• Willie returned to Motown in 1982 with the infectious “In And Out,” a US R&B and dance hit and his sole British chart entry and popular club track in the UK. Three years later, Motown founder Berry Gordy Jr. brought Willie on board for the soundtrack of“The Last Dragon” and two tracks from there (“Inside You” with The Temptations and “The Glow”) formed the basis for 1985’s MAKING A GAME OUT OF LOVE, his final Motown LP. This expanded edition includes “The Girl (Can’t Help It),” the rare ‘B’ side of “In And Out” and three 12” mixes.
• Notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins include quotes from Iris Gordy, various musicians and others associated with Willie.