DISC 1: Fierce & Funky – WORK IT
1. Lovergirl (Special 12″ Dance Mix)
2. Jammin’ (Dance Mix – Long Version)
3. Lips To Find You (Extended Version
4. 14K (Extended Version-Dance Mix)
5. Fix It (12” Version)
6. Surrealistic Pillow (Sexy Pillow Re-Mix)
7. Playboy (12” Remix)
9. Midnight Magnet
10. Work It (Extended LP Mix)
11. Here’s Looking At You (12″ Club)
12. Bad Boy (The House Arrest Mix)
DISC 2: Slow & Sexy – THE ONCE AND FUTURE DREAM
1. Ooo La La La (12” Version)
2. Since Day One (Jazzie’s Radio Version)
3. Just Us Two (The Garage Mix)
4. Soulmates – Q.T. Hush with Teena Marie
5. Dear Lover
6. Cassanova Brown
7. Out On A Limb (Special Version)
8. Love Me Down Easy (US 12″ Single Version)
9. If I Were A Bell (Extended Version)
10. Miracles Need Wings To Fly
11. My Dear Mr. Gaye
12. Batucada Suite
13. The Once and Future Dream (featuring Rick James)
• SoulMusic Records is exceptionally proud to present “Ooo La La – The Epic Anthology,” a superb 2-CD set by the late, great Teena Marie, who remains revered as a multi-talented icon in the world of soul music, almost seven years after her passing at the age of fifty-four. Covering almost a decade (1983-1991), the 25 tracks include all of Teena’s charted hits for Epic Records. Teena gained prominence at Motown working with funk king Rick James, scoring her first major R&B hit in 1979 with “I’m A Sucker For Your Love” followed by the global chartmaker, “I Need Your Lovin’” in 1980.
• Lovingly produced by Donald Cleveland (who provided excellent remastering) and David Nathan (who frequently interviewed Teena and contributes a personal tribute to the notes), this 2-CD set showcases distinct elements of the California-born singer/songwriter, musician and producer’s distinctive artistry. Disc 1,“Work It” focuses on uptempo grooves and dance floor favourites such as “Lovergirl,” Teena’s 1984 pop breakthrough hit (heard here in a special 12” dance mix) and “Jammin’” and includes a number of rare mixes such as “Surrealistic Pillow” and “Bad Boy,” a 1989 non-album single.
• Disc 2, “The Once And Future Dream” includes some of Teena’s most beloved ballads. As a slow jam musical queen, Teena’s mastery is exemplified by her 1988 No. 1 R&B hit, “Ooo La La La,”; her soul legend ode,“My Dear Mr. Gaye,” the remarkable “Out On A Limb”; and also includes Teena’s 1991 single with Soul II Soul’s Jazzie B. (“Since Day One”) and an exceptional rarity, the duet “Soulmates,” by the group Q.T. Hush who she produced in 1985.
• Renowned US author and journalist Rashod Ollison contributed stellar notes to this sumptuous set.