• Considered the premier U.K. soul band of the ‘80s and on to the ‘90s, Loose Ends was formed in 1981 with an original line-up of Steve Nichol, Jane Eugene and Carl McIntosh.
• The original 1985 UK album of SO WHERE ARE YOU? reached No. 13 on the pop charts with the club classic “Hanging On A String (Contemplating)” also reaching No. 13 on the singles chart, also topping the US R&B chart as a key cut on the US version of the group’s debut LP, A LITTLE SPICE (reissued on SMCR 5034 by SoulMusic.com Records in November 2011). Two singles, “Magic Touch” and a cover of David Bowie’s “Golden Years” were also UK chart entries.
• Like its processor, SO WHERE ARE YOU? was produced by Philadelphia-based Nick Martinelli and includes key cuts – such as the classic track “You Can’t Stop The Rain” – written by the trio. The album also includes a cover of the Philly International/Dexter Wansel soul favourite, “The Sweetest Pain.”
• This original UK version of SO WHERE ARE YOU? has been out of print on CD for many years. This great expanded edition – co-produced by renowned US reissue producer Donald Cleveland and SoulMusic.com’s David Nathan - includes the group’s five great bonus tracks including two remixes of “Hanging On A String” (a song used in the popular video game “Grand Auo Theft IV”).
• Notes by David Nathan include quotes from 2011 interviews with Steve, Jane, Carl and other key players in the Loose Ends story.
About the Writer
David Nathan is the founder and CEO of SoulMusic.com and began his writing career in 1965; beginning in 1967, he was a regular contributor to Blues & Soul magazine in London before relocating to the U.S. in 1975 where he served as U.S. editor for the publication for several decades and began being known as 'The British Ambassador Of Soul.' From 1988 to 2004, he wrote prolifically for Billboard, has penned bios, produced and written liner notes for box sets and reissue CDs for over a thousand projects. He returned to London in 2009 where he has helped create SoulMusic.com Records as a leading reissue label.