• A multi-talented keyboardist whose focus became the organ (inspired by the legendary Jimmy Smith), Ronnie Foster cut five critically-acclaimed albums for Blue Note between 1972-1975 before joining the roster of Columbia Records in 1978.
• The Buffalo, New York native’s Columbia debut Love Satellite (reissued in 2012 by SoulMusic Records, SMCR-5057) became a U.S. top 40 jazz best-seller for Ronnie; however, it was the follow-up DELIGHT that became his best-selling album, reaching No. 19 on Billboard’s Jazz charts.
• Produced (as was his first Columia LP) by Jerry Peters (known for his work with Earth, Wind & Fire, Deniece Williams, Gladys Knight and others), DELIGHT featured a cast of top musicians and singers including Stevie Wonder, George Benson and Phyllis Hyman (on background vocals), Crusaders’ bassist ‘Pops’ Popwell and EW&F drummer Fred White alongside Ndugu Chancler on drums and Nathan Watts on bass.
• Available on CD for the first time since its original now out-of-print reissue in Japan, this expanded edition of DELIGHT includes the single edit of “You’re The One” as well as other standout Foster compositions such as “Argentina,” “Feet” and “We As Love.”
• Notes by renowned U.S. writer A. Scott Galloway include quotes from a 2012 interview with Ronnie for this reissue.
About the Writer
David Nathan is the founder and CEO of SoulMusic.com and began his writing career in 1965; beginning in 1967, he was a regular contributor to Blues & Soul magazine in London before relocating to the U.S. in 1975 where he served as U.S. editor for the publication for several decades and began being known as 'The British Ambassador Of Soul.' From 1988 to 2004, he wrote prolifically for Billboard, has penned bios, produced and written liner notes for box sets and reissue CDs for over a thousand projects. He returned to London in 2009 where he has helped create SoulMusic.com Records as a leading reissue label.