1. The Medicine Song
2. Edge Of The Razor
3. In My Life
4. Give It Half A Chance
6. You Just Might Need A Friend
7. Everlasting Love
8. Rough Trade
10. The Medicine Song (Original Mark Berry 12” Mix)
11. Edge Of The Razor (US 12” Dance Mix)
12. Edge Of The Razor (US 12” Dub Mix)
• By 1984, powerhouse vocalist Stephanie Mills had achieved consistent hitmaking status in the U.S. thanks to nine albums and a slew of hit singles that had established the former Broadway star of ‘The Wiz’ as a potent and dynamic recording artist and live performer.
• Released in September 1984, I’VE GOT THE CURE, Stephanie’s third (and final) album for Casablanca Records became a best-seller thanks to now-classic soul and dance smash and club favourite, “The Medicine Song” which became a Top 30 UK hit and a Top 10 US R&B hit.
• Produced by master musician and funk meister George Duke with additional production by David ‘Hawk’ Wolinski (formerly of the group Rufus), I’VE GOT THE CURE fused the techno-funk rhythms of the day with Stephanie’s high-energy vocals.
• This SoulMusic Records’ expanded edition includes three bonus tracks including a six-minute-plus Mark Berry 12” mix of “The Medicine Song.” Other standouts on the album (a Top 10 R&B album in the US) include “Edge Of The Razor,” “Rough Trade” and the highlight ballads “Give It Half A Chance” and “Everlasting Love.”
• Includes notes by renowned UK writer Charles Waring with quotes from producer George Duke.
About the Writer
David Nathan is the founder and CEO of SoulMusic.com and began his writing career in 1965; beginning in 1967, he was a regular contributor to Blues & Soul magazine in London before relocating to the U.S. in 1975 where he served as U.S. editor for the publication for several decades and began being known as 'The British Ambassador Of Soul.' From 1988 to 2004, he wrote prolifically for Billboard, has penned bios, produced and written liner notes for box sets and reissue CDs for over a thousand projects. He returned to London in 2009 where he has helped create SoulMusic.com Records as a leading reissue label.