• After singing with the groups Shades Of Love and High Fashion and doing session work in New York, Meli’sa Morgan’s solo career skyrocketed with the 1985 release of her emotive reading of Prince’s “Do Me Baby,” a No. 1 U.S. R&B single and U.S. Top 50 pop hit.
• Named after her debut hit, DO ME BABY featured production by Paul Laurence, Bryan Loren and five tracks co-produced by Meli’sa and co-writer Lesette Wilson.
• A Top 5 U.S. R&B and Top 50 pop best-selling album, DO ME BABY also included the Top 5 U.S. R&B single, the classic slow jam “Do You Still Love Me?” as well as the hit singles “Fool’s Paradise” (used by Jay Z in 1996 on “Can’t Knock The Hustle” featuring Mary J. Blige).
• The original LP has long been in demand by Meli’sa’s fans: this exciting expanded edition includes mixes of two of the album’s hit singles along with a 12” single edit of the key cut, “Getting To Know You Better.” In addition, there are two mixes of “Deeper Love” (from the soundtrack of the 1986 Eddie Murphy hit movie, “The Golden Child”), a U.S. and U.K. charted single for Mel’isa.
• A consistent performer, Meli’sa was featured on the commercially-released remix of Jay Z’s “Can’t Knock The Hustle” and in 2010 on the Cool Million album, “Back For More.”
• Notes by renowned U.S. writer Justin Kantor include quotes from a 2011 interview with Meli’sa for this reissue.
Get 10% and more off this and other SoulMusic.com Records titles!
As a member of the SoulMusic.com Community, you receive a coupon code for your discount at Cherry Red Records! If you haven't done so yet, register today at our SoulMusic.com homepage!
About the Writer
David Nathan is the founder and CEO of SoulMusic.com and began his writing career in 1965; beginning in 1967, he was a regular contributor to Blues & Soul magazine in London before relocating to the U.S. in 1975 where he served as U.S. editor for the publication for several decades and began being known as 'The British Ambassador Of Soul.' From 1988 to 2004, he wrote prolifically for Billboard, has penned bios, produced and written liner notes for box sets and reissue CDs for over a thousand projects. He returned to London in 2009 where he has helped create SoulMusic.com Records as a leading reissue label.